My Blog

the thoughts & ramblings of a Jesus Freak(:

Monday, January 31, 2011

I Am His


At my church we always have a New Years Eve talent show/game night. For the talent show this year, I sang a song called I Am Yours by Bethany Dillon. As I was singing it my body was shaking, like I was so nervous, and I wondered why, because I was singing to the Lord, I didn't feel nervous, yet my body did. I think about how our emotions play tricks on us, when we're supposed to listen to God. We think we know what's best, but in reality only God does, and we need to look to Him in times of trouble. We are His, we are His children, we are not our own. One of my favorite parts of that song goes,
"You have called me out of shadows, out of darkness, into Light, hemmed in by the Hands of Mercy I'm completely satisfied to be Yours."
We should be satisfied to be His! He is all we will ever need.
Have a great day, (:
-Karlee

2 comments:

  1. What a great post!! I know what you are talking about because as a soloist I have experienced the same thing. Wondering why, if it is for God we use our talent, should we be nervous. I think the answer is that we are still in this old sinful flesh, and though our spirit is connected to God's power and purpose our flesh still has its weaknesses. When we learn to place the consequences of our service totally in His hands then we may possibly have freedom from nervousness. Some time ago I was singing and I really lost my place in the song, I faltered for a moment until I got my bearings. Afterwards someone said that it was alright that the mistake was not real bad. I told them that I had given the service to God and that He was in charge of the results, and that I was sure that someone in the audience needed to see that it was alright to make a mistake as long as you didn't quit. I felt that my being fallible might allow a shy person the courage to step out to serve God. I just love that you are serving God with your life!! DON'T QUIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look at you! I am so proud of you. I will have to look up the song so I can hear what you were singing. I know you were singing for the Lord, but I also know that it still takes a lot of courage. Especially a solo!
    Love,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear your comment, but please, do not ever miss use the name of God or use foul language on my blog. If you do not obey this rule, I will have to enable comment moderation and those comments will not be published. Also, I don't mind if you comment as "anonymous", but please sign your name at the end of the comment so I know who you are, thanks!