My Blog

the thoughts & ramblings of a Jesus Freak(:

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mission Trip

It feels weird writing my first blog post since February. But, I thought I'd post about the mission trip I just went on anyway. So we left Friday, July 8th and we really weren't prepared like we should have been. Mostly because my youth leaders' daughter just got married the month before we went so they were busy with that & we were busy with other things. Even still, we should've been prepared. We had a day camp from Monday-Friday. Monday, 32 kids showed up. Good number, in our mind. We were expecting less. Tuesday, somewhere between 60-67 kids! They doubled. We were so excited. We had at least 8 salvations throughout the week. It was awesome! Quite a few parents showed up for family night too! That was surprising knowing a little about these kids home lives, and being called mommy by some of them. But the main thing we learned is how blessed/spoiled we really are. We were in a building with no air conditioning for 4 hours a day for 5 days and complaining about it when some people live like that all the time. We went in between breakfast & lunch for 5 1/2-6 hours and thought we were starving, when some people get 1 tiny meal a day if even that. We really are blessed to have a home with AC/heating, beds to sleep in, food to eat, etc. Some people don't know when their next meal will be. Think about that. Don't take "little" things like that for granted. Are we truly thankful for what God has given us?

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, I'm so glad you told me to check it out. It was wonderful seeing you, Eli, and your Mom recently. Please don't tell folks that I've gone 'round the bend abit O.K.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...thank you for sharing...God bless you loves soraya

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear your comment, but please, do not ever miss use the name of God or use foul language on my blog. If you do not obey this rule, I will have to enable comment moderation and those comments will not be published. Also, I don't mind if you comment as "anonymous", but please sign your name at the end of the comment so I know who you are, thanks!